Why did Sergio Ramos taunt Sevilla fans after Real Madrid broke Spanish record?

Sergio Ramos is typically coolness personified.

source: dreamteamfc
    The Real Madrid captain has become one of the finest defenders of his generation while also making a decent habit of scoring timely goals. Ramos scored his 77th career goal, as astonishing return for a centre-back to help Madrid set a new Spanish record of 40 consecutive games unbeaten in the most dramatic of circumstances.In the Copa del Rey second leg at Sevilla, Real were 3-1 down with just eight minutes to play before Ramos’ cheeky Panenka penalty pulled one back and Karim Benzema grabbed a last-gasp equaliser but Ramos’ reaction after he made it 3-2 was another talking point. The Spain international started his career at Sevilla before moving to the capital in 2005, but he was seen taunting the home supporters after his audacious spotkick.

source: dreamteamfc
      In the aftermath of the dramatic conclusion, Ramos felt his treatment contrasted with the likes of fellow ex-players Ivan Rakitic and Dani Alves who had been welcomed like ‘Gods’ on their respective returns. He defended his reaction, saying: “I did not disrespect anyone.“I am not a fan of a section that has remembered my mother and insulted me from the first minute.“It will always be my home more or less. I am the captain of Madrid and I will defend my team.”

source: dreamteamfc


source: dreamteamfc



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Rags to Riches

5 Leadership Qualities We Can Learn From Optimus Prime