Batam Trip Day 1

Last holiday, I went to Batam with my younger sister to visit my sister who currently staying there. On a side note Batam is the largest city of Riau Islands Province of Indonesia. Batam is an industrial boomtown, an emerging transport hub, and part of a free trade zone. Aside from this, Batam is pretty much like Malaysia.. more or less.

We took a ferry from Stualang Ferry Terminal to Batam and the voyage only take 2 hours. On the way I saw plenty of ships had been laid up along the shoreline. Apparently the ferry was transiting just near the MMHE (Malaysian Marine Heavy Engineering ) drydock area. One of the ship which caught my attention is FSO ABU which to me is pretty interesting.


                                        Just thought I shared


Two hours laters, we arrived in Batam.

                   My sis and Younger one.

We cleaned up and got ready to go out for dinner. What amused me there was how easy to get around Batam in sense of transportation. So my sis introduced to me to a system pretty much like Uber but in Batam the people here called it Gojek. Easy and simple and cheap ,pay it online , the fella pick you up and free to go . And it safe. Dont worry.

  Gojek Rider with their trademark green uniform.

First thing we ate was this Sate Padang which a bit similar to our sate in Malaysia but the sate there was skinny and served with curry like gravy and another kind of gravy which name ive forgotten. Taste wise for me  ok laaa





                Look at that gravvyyyyyyyy

                           Skinny sate.
     
    Then we just kinda walk around the area because its mostly just like Malaysia but the food was what we came for. And to visit my sis of course.
I dont remember what happened next but the last thing we ate was something because until to this day I always crave for it.

Its a simple dish served from a simple hawker stall. It was very modest very nice and neat and so spicy. Its also have a few similarity to our dish, PECAL, but very different in its own way. People there call it Ketoprak. Yall have to taste it on your own rather than eat my words yea..


 Gravy will be prepared in a traditional pan.
       Taste so much better than the picture.



  There fish cracker in there, hard boiled egg, few vegetables and served with the best gravy I ever had
 It was a amazeballllls
Either way..I had so much to share. Will continue in my next post. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Rags to Riches

5 Leadership Qualities We Can Learn From Optimus Prime